The three-times champion Chennai Super Kings Team (CSK) is all set to bounce back from the previous season’s low. There have been many changes in the team, such as acquiring new players and releasing old players. There are 25 players in the CSK team, which is the maximum limit for any team in the IPL. CSK has released only a handful of players, and more players have been retained for IPL season 2021.
Changes in CSK Team
Some of the newly acquired members in the Chennai player list are Cheteshwar Pujara, Bhagvath Varma, Harisankar Reddy, Krishnappa Gowtham, and Moeen Ali. CSK has not retained players such as Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla, and Kedar Jadhav.
MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina have been retained in the team. Suresh Raina is joining IPL 2021 after being taken out of IPL 2020. The retirement of Shane Watson has also made a new spot for overseas players. Josh Hazlewood (Australian Fast Bowler) is not participating in this season to take a rest from the fatigue caused by the bio-bubbles for the upcoming international cricket’s tight schedule. Josh Hazlewood’s decision not to play in IPL 2021 was a sudden decision for CSK management and they were not prepared for that. However, Jason Behrendorff has joined the cricket teamto replace Josh Hazlewood for the IPL season 2021.
The retained players in CSK player list 2021 are as follows:
- MS Dhoni – Captain, Wicket Keeper & Batsman (Rs. 15 Crore)
- Suresh Raina – Middle-Order Batsman (Rs. 11 Crore)
- Ambati Rayudu – Middle-Order Batsman (Rs. 2.2 Crore)
- Narayan Jagadeesan – Wicket Keeper & Opening Batsman (Rs. 20 Lakhs)
- Faf Du Plessis – Batsman (Rs. 1.6 Crore)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad – Batsman (Rs. 20 Lakhs)
- Sam Curran – All-Rounder (Rs. 5.5 Crore)
- Ravindra Jadeja – All-Rounder (Rs. 7 Crore)
- Dwayne Bravo – All-Rounder (Rs. 6.4 Crore)
- Mitchell Santner – Bowler & All-Rounder (Rs. 50 Lakhs)
- Shardul Thakur – Bowler (Rs. 2.6 Crore)
- Karn Sharma – All-Rounder (Rs. 5 Crore)
- KM Asif – All-Rounder (Rs. 40 Lakhs)
- Imran Tahir – Bowler (Rs. 1 Crore)
- Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore – Bowler
- Deepak Chahar – Bowler (Rs. 80 Lakhs)
- Lungi Ngidi – Bowler (Rs. 50 Lakhs)
New Players of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Team:
The new members in the CSK team 2021 players list are:
- Cheteshwar Pujara – Top-Order Batsman (Rs. 50 Lakh)
- K Bhagvath Varma – Bowler (Rs. 20 Lakh)
- M Harisankar Reddy – Bowler (Rs. 20 Lakh)
- Krishnappa Gowtham – All-Rounder & Bowler (Rs. 9.25 Crore)
- Moeen Ali – All-Rounder & Batsman (Rs. 7 Crore)
- C Hari Nishanth – Batsman (Rs. 20 Lakh)
- Jason Behrendorff – All-Rounder (Rs. 1 Crore) (Replacement of Josh Hazlewood)
Player Transferred to CSK Team from Other Teams:
- Robin Uthappa – Batsman (3 Crore)
Robin Uthappa was part of the Rajasthan Royals team, who was later transferred to Chennai Super Kings. The decision of pulling was taken by the group of leaders, the management, and the CEO of CSK.
Overseas Players in CSK Team:
- Dwayne Bravo
- Faf Du Plessis
- Imran Tahir
- Jason Behrendorff
- Lungi Ngidi
- Mitchell Santner
- Moeen Ali
- Sam Curran
As we can see, CSK is a very well-balanced team with batsmen, bowlers, and all-rounders from India and international countries. There are 7 batsmen, 8 bowlers, and 8 all-rounders in the team for IPL Season 2021. The total team cost for the players has been 85 crores. CSK has spent a total of 18.35 crore on buying new additional players. In this way, they have completed forming their well-rounded team of 25 members.
Come back to Pure Win News for more information and updates on Chennai Super Kings.